The My Market Club
My Market Club is a grant-funded program developed in partnership with six farmers markets across the state of Georgia. The goal is to encourage people to support their local farmers by committing to regularly shop at their local farmers markets. Participation in this program will not only provide rewards, but will help to connect communities and their food.
By shopping at your local market, you gain first-hand knowledge from the farmers who grow your food, obtain the crops that thrive in your local area, and learn the best times to buy your favorite produce.
Local farmers and market volunteers are on hand to answer your questions, teach you about all the products and foods, and share suggestions for how best to use local, seasonal produce. You can also check out the resources below:
And don’t forget!:
Info for Selection, Storage & Nutrition on Local Produce. (Takes a minute to download. Thanks for your patience.)
How does the My Market Club work?
1. If it’s your first time to the market, visit the My Market Club tent to sign up for the program. The My Market Club Ambassador will give you a stamp card and $5 in market tokens. Spend these tokens just like cash on produce, such as fruit and vegetables. (Sorry, no breads, jams, or hamburgers!). If you’re not sure where to spend your tokens, click on your farmers market below and check out the list of vendors for your market. The My Market Club Ambassador would be happy to show you around.
2. Come on back, y’all! On your next two visits, bring you’re My Market Club card and a purchase made at the market (such as a bag of arugula) to the My Market Club tent, and get the next round of rewards, like t-shirts, aprons, local coupons and tote bags*.
Choose your Market!
Click on the market below to get customized information about your market:
- East Atlanta Village Farmers Market (Atlanta)
- Grant Park Farmers Market (Atlanta)
- Decatur Farmers Market (Decatur)
- Main Street Statesboro Farmers Market (Statesboro)
- Mulberry Street Farmers Market (Macon)
- Forsyth Farmers Market (Savannah)
Why Support Local Farmers Markets?
You’ve already taken the first step in supporting local farmers by joining the My Market Club. Check out these resources to learn more about the benefit local farmers markets provide to your community and how you can help!
- How to Vote with Your Fork
- What if Georgians Ate Georgia Produce
- What Do Organic and Local Mean?
- What’s in Season in Georgia?
Find more information and upcoming events in our News Center
*While supplies last