The My Market Club is a grant-funded program developed in partnership with eight farmers markets across the state of Georgia.
We want to encourage people to support their local farmers by shopping at their local farmers markets regularly. We offer new farmers market shoppers great rewards* like $5 in market tokens to spend on local food, branded tote bags, and more, but we also help connect communities and their food.
So far, we’ve helped over 12,000 new Georgia shoppers discover the wonders of their local market! To stay up to date on the latest My Market Club happenings, check out our blog or follow Georgia Organics on Facebook. And take some photos! Post pictures of your market moments on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #MyMarketGA and you’ll be entered to win great prizes!
So how does it work?
Step 1: We Welcome You!
On your first visit to the market, swing by the welcome tent and find your My Market Ambassador. They’ll get your signed up for My Market Club and oriented with the program! You’ll get a membership card and you may even give you $5 to spend that day!
Step 2: You Come on Back, Y’all!
On your next two visits, bring your My Market Club card! After purchasing delicious local goodies, stop by and see your friendly My Market Club ambassador for another stamp and the next round of rewards. On your third visit you’ll be entered into a raffle to win great local prizes!
The My Market Club is at the following markets around the state. They all accept SNAP/EBT, and some of them will even double it thanks to the excellent Wholesome Wave Georgia. Visit their websites to find out more! And to find out more about being involved in the My Market Club email Farmers Market Campaign Coordinator, Danielle Moore at email@example.com.
- East Atlanta Village Farmers Market
- Grant Park Farmers Market
- Decatur Farmers Market
- Westside Provisions Farmers Market
- Freedom Farmers Market
Athens: Athens Farmers Market
Savannah: Forsyth Farmers Market
Statesboro: Mainstreet Statesboro Farmers Market
- 10 ways to vote with your fork. One of our favorites? Shop at a farmers market! They’re “perfect places to buy all kinds of fresh, natural foods, & meet the farmers who raise real food.”
- What if Georgians Ate Georgia Produce? If Georgia’s 3.7 million households spent $10 per week on Georgia-grown products, it would add more than $1.9 billion to the state’s economy.
- What Do Organic and Local Mean? In which we parse the economic benefits of shopping locally and the environmental benefits of supporting farmers who grow organically.
- What’s in Season in Georgia? Our harvest calendar tells you when’s the best time to buy your favorite fruit or veggie!
- Baked sweet potato fries? Kale chips? We got your tasty seasonal recipes right here!
- Not sure when you should buy your favorite vegetable, or not sure how to store it? Our Selection, Storage & Nutrition Guide to the rescue!
- 5 Tips for Shopping at a Farmers Market. For instance: don’t forget that reusable bag!
- The Good Food Guide, Georgia Organics’ guide to farm-fresh, organic food in our state.
- The East Atlanta Village Farmers Market has some great tips for eating local on a budget.
A HUGE, HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
We are so grateful for the support of these great partners. Give them a hand, folks!
*Rewards available while supplies last