Gardening Tips, Canning, Composting, Cooking Tips, Recipes, Curing, How To’s, Nutritional Information, and all that stuff
- Video: How to Build a Raised Bed Garden
Effective Tips on Organic Pest Control
- Georgia Organics’ Planting Calendar
- How to Start a Spring Garden, by Rashid Nuri
- How to Start a Community Garden
- Fun with Fungi. Discover how mushrooms can build soil fertility and sustainability while giving you nutritious and delicious treats.
- Canning Know How:
Learn about the 29 public facilities spread across Georgia that have the equipment and instructors for you to can, dry, and freeze food.
- Here’s the end all be all source! The National Center for Home Food Preservation.
- Step-by-Step How to Can Videos, and Canning Supplies
- Canning Recipes
- Cure Your Own Meats
- Freeze Flavorful Peaches
Eating and Growing
Find nutritional facts, recipes, growing, and harvesting information on some of Georgia’s most popular produce. You should also check out our Planting Calendar & Harvest Calendar, and you’re gonna love our recipe section too.
- Baking Bread 101, with Okravore and Georgia Organics Boardmember Leeann Culbreath.
- Organic Small Fruit Guide for Georgia
- Brussels sprouts
- Here’s a comprehensive national resource on fruit trees.
- Tips for selecting, planting, and caring for apples, pears, figs, pawpaws, plums, persimmons, and pomegranates, courtesy of Mark Dunaway, senior horticulturist with Ed Castro Landscape, Inc.
- How to to re-plant a bare root fruit tree.
- Thinning fruit trees is crucial, too.