Ready to have food safety be a key to success? The GA Small Farm Food Safety Campaign, supported by USDA-NIFA, is offering free workshops around the state to give produce farmers the opportunity to learn new food safety concepts and teach what they do to strengthen their and other farmers operations. These workshops are unique because of the campaign’s partnerships with the host farmers for each workshop, demonstrating that farmers are the centerpiece of a fair, safe, and strong food system.
Workshops will provide hands-on experiences such as water testing, employee training, GAP Audit readiness, soil testing, compost creation, infrastructure solutions, and selling wholesale. Each experience will be paired with free templates to help for successfully passing an audit or inspection and gaining a better understanding of your farm, from seed to sales. And, since you can’t feed others if you don’t free yourself, there’s always free lunch for participants.
Contact Billy Mitchell for any questions: email@example.com
- Water and Employee Training Workshops
Tuesday, February 20th: Healthy Living Farms – Albany, GAYA MISSED IT! Thursday, March 1st : Babe and Sage – Gordon, GAOVER AND GONE! Thursday, March 8th: Rodgers Greens and Roots. Douglasville, GA IT’S TOO LATE Friday, March 9th: Front Field Farm – Winterville, GA ALREADY HAPPENED!
- Soil, Compost and GAP Readiness Workshops
Friday, April 27th: White Oak Pastures – Bluffton, GA Register Here Monday, April 30th: Jenny Jack Sun Farm – Pine Mountain, GA Register Here
- Friday, May 11th: Mayflor Farms – Stockbridge, GA Register Here
3. Infrastructure, Tools, and GAP Readiness Workshops Registration Links Coming Soon!!!
- Tuesday, June 5th: Lowndes County Extension Office – Valdosta, GA WHOOPSIE … TOO LATE!
- Thursday, June 28th: Rag and Frass Farm – Jeffersonville, GA.
- Thursday, July 12th: Front Field Farm – Winterville, GA
- Monday, July 16th: Hungry Heart – Conley, GA and Atlanta Harvest – Atlanta, GA