Application Deadline: March 4, 2019 11:59 pm
For the next three years, Georgia Organics will embark on a Farm to Restaurant campaign to increase the domestic consumption and sales from local organic farms in Georgia to restaurants in metro Atlanta. Georgia Organics will work with farmers to provide them with the business management, post-harvest handling, and record-keeping tools that enable them to become “restaurant-ready” in addition to creating a branding campaign that recognizes Atlanta restaurants for supporting Georgia’s small sustainable farms.
Georgia Organics will accept cohorts each year of the campaign with applications opening in January. Applicants considered for the campaign are subject to requests for additional information and farm visits from Georgia Organics staff. Farmer cohorts will be announced by mid-March.
Do you want to be a cohort for the Farm to Restaurant campaign? Here is what it involves.
What we ask from cohorts:
- Data sharing over the course of 3 years
- Participation in 1 day workshop at GO offices
- Monthly check-ins for updates on farm to restaurant sales progress and feedback
- End of year data sharing and come together
What we offer to cohorts:
- Farm visit and assessment of F2R sales
- 1 day workshop at GO offices that covers topics such as:
- Crop rotation and planning
- Availability strategies
- Communications and chef partnering strategies
- Strategic customer logistics planning
- Database input and goal making session
- Restaurant match-making help
- FSMA training
- Organic Certification assistance
- Support in 2019 with monthly check-ins
- Promotion and highlighting in social media campaign
- Participation in end of year of event celebration
Application Submission Options
Keep this sheet for your records. You can submit your application by completing the online application below or submitting the downloadable application (word version) (pdf version) email to Organic Procurement Coordinator Lauren Cox at email@example.com.