Danielle Moore led a session called “This Little Piggy Went to Market: Marketing for Farmers” at our 2014 Conference in Jekyll Island. And here’s a conference presentation on Social Media 101 for Farmers, by Amy and Rachel Bean of The Little Farm and Emily and Tim Zweber of the Zweber Farm and Agchat Foundation.
This publication offers market resources for organic food and fiber products, including organic prices, sales data, market trends, and other market data, organic trade associations, directories, and other organic marketing publications and resources, with contact information for ordering them.
This includes guidance on markets and research, as well as Web, Social Media, and Direct Mail Marketing.
- USDA Wholesale Price Reports for Atlanta
- Guide for Selling at Farmers Markets, Growing For Market
- Farmers’ Markets: Marketing and Business Guide: Janet Bachmann, NCAT Agriculture Specialist
- Selling to Restaurants: Janet Bachmann, NCAT Agriculture Specialist
- LocallyGrown.net – an online farmers market model. Presentation about AthensLocallyGrown.net from 2010 Georgia Organics Conference
- Wholesale Success: A Farmer’s Guide to Selling, Post Harvest Handling, and Packing Produce: FamilyFarmed.org
- Growing For Market: An amazing monthly publication about growing and direct marketing vegetables, fruits, herbs, cut flowers, plants, and other farm products. Growing for Market covers farmers markets, Community Supported Agriculture, the local food movement, organic growing, cut flowers, and much more. Growing for Market publishes 10 issues per year, in print and online, and offers memberships to extensive online archive of articles.
Farm to School
- Want to sell to schools? Contact the Nutrition Director(s) for the county(s) in which you have interest.