Marketing and Social Media can be valuable tools for a farmer – they can help grow business and develop deeper relationships with customers, and you don’t have to spend hours in front of your computer! Make sure you look at “This Little Piggy Went to Market: Marketing for Farmers” by Danielle Moore from our 2014 Conference in Jekyll Island and “Social Media 101 for Farmers” by Amy and Rachel Bean of The Little Farm, and Emily and Time Zweber Farm and Agchat Foundation.
This publication offers market resources for organic food and fiber products, including organic prices, sales data, market trends and other market data, organic trade associations, directories, and other organic marketing publications and resources, with contact information for ordering them.
- USDA Wholesale Price Reports for Atlanta
- Guide for Selling at Farmers Markets, Growing For Market
- Growing For Market: An amazing monthly publication about growing and marketing vegetables, fruits, herbs, cut flowers, plants, and other farm products. Growing for Market covers farmers’ markets, Community Supported Agriculture, the local food movement, organic growing, cut flowers, and much more. Growing for Market publishes 10 issues per year, in print and online, and offers memberships to an extensive online archive of articles.
- Farmers’ Markets: Marketing and Business Guide: Janet Bachmann NCAT Agriculture Specialist
- Selling to Restaurants: Janet Bachmann NCAT Agriculture Specialist
- Wholesale Success. A Farmer’s Guide to Selling, Post Harvest Handling, and Packing Produce, FamilyFarmed
- ATTRA: Social Media Tools for Farm Product Marketing
- ATTRA: Using Instagram to Grow Your Farm Business. This webinar is presented in partnership with the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture is and is funded by a USDA Small & Medium Sized Farms Grant: