- Farm to School Fundraising: From the National Farm to School Network, this document gives tips and information on fundraising strategies, including applying for grants.
- A+ Fundraisers for High Schools: This comprehensive guide from New York is a great resource for hosting healthy food or non-food fundraisers at school.
- Woolly School Garden Fundraising Kit: The kit includes fundraising ideas, a template fundraiser flyer, and template for a donation request letter.
- Fundraising and the Smart Snacks Rule: This document from USDA summarizes how the Smart Snacks rule (effective July 1, 2014) affects school fundraisers, and includes ideas for healthy ones.
Visit the archived eBite page to view the most up to date grant opportunities from our recent e-newsletters and Garden Grant Writing Tips for list of suggestions and resources for writing grants. Our research page features studies you can use to support the case for farm to school in your grant applications.
- Garden Grants from GardenABCs: A compilation of various school garden grants. Deadline: Varies based on each grant.
- School Salad Bar Grants, Deadline: Ongoing
- Fruit Tree Orchard Grant, Deadline: Ongoing
- Seed Fundraisers for Schools, Deadline: Ongoing
- $250 Do Something Grants, Deadline: Ongoing, at the end of every month
- The Lunch Box grants, Deadlines: Vary based on grant
- More grants and opportunities related to environmental education here.
- Various grants, loans, and support from the USDA Know Your Farmer Know Your Food Initiative here.