Once students have grown delicious food, they should eat the literal fruits of their labors! These resources will help you eat and use what you’ve grown safely.
- Serving School Garden Produce in School Meals: This guide from the Georgia Dept. of Education details best practices for safely serving school garden produce
- Cooking with Kids: See our whole page on cooking with kids, including with school garden produce.
- Food Safe School Gardening: The University of Connecticut came up with this quick guide for food safety issues in school gardens.
- Food Safety Tips for Schools Gardens: A guide from the USDA & National Food Service Management Institute
- Best Practices for Using Produce from School Gardens from the National Farm to School Network.
- Fresh, Healthy, Safe Food: Best Practices for Using Produce from School Gardens: The document outlines the basics of using produce from school gardens.
- Food Safety for School and Community Gardens: A handbook from North Carolina State University and North Carolina Cooperative Extension for beginning and veteran garden organizers on how to reduce food safety risks.
- Fight Bac! This website details ways you can keep food safe from bacteria.