The Georgia Farm to School Alliance is a network that joins statewide agencies working in food, farming, and nutrition to coalesce resources and support for farm to school, and to create a dialogue for building statewide programming. The Alliance also hosts the annual Georgia Farm to School Summit.
Vision: Our vision is to enhance the health of Georgia’s children and communities by increasing the consumption and awareness of fresh, nutritious, locally grown foods.
Mission: Our mission is to connect schools and local farmers for the purpose of:
- Serving healthy meals in schools that include locally grown, raised, and produced* foods;
- Increasing children’s understanding of agriculture, health, and nutrition through experiential education;
- Utilizing school gardens to teach core subjects linked to state and national standards;
- Supporting Georgia farmers by expanding local markets;
- Educating children and creating healthy eating environments; and
- Helping children develop healthy lifelong eating habits.
*Produced refers to products made locally from primarily locally grown or raised ingredients
SAVE THE DATE: The 6th Georgia Farm to School Summit will be held Oct.5-6 in Augusta, Ga.
Want to get connected with the Georgia Farm to School Alliance? Check out our events here:
Alliance Members Include:
- Action for Healthy Kids
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Captain Planet Foundation
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Strong4Life
- Georgia 4-H
- Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Farm Bureau
- Georgia FCCLA
- Georgia FFA Association
- Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Georgia Organics
- Georgia School Nutrition Association
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools in Georgia
- University of Georgia Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service, Southeast