- This event has passed.
7th Annual Georgia Farm to School and Early Care Summit
June 7 @ 8:00 am - June 8 @ 5:00 pm
Presented by Georgia Farm to School Alliance and Georgia Farm to Early Care and Coalition, hosted by the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning and Georgia Organics.
The 7th Georgia Farm to School and ECE Summit will be hosted June 7-8 at Helms College in Macon. Registration will open mid-March.
The farm to early care and education (farm to ECE) and farm to school movement connects early care providers, schools, and local farms in an effort to serve healthy meals and snacks, improve student nutrition, and increase farm and gardening educational opportunities. This year’s Summit welcomes early care providers and staff, teachers, school nutrition staff, students, parents, farmers, distributors, and others interested in learning more about Georgia’s farm to ECE and farm to school community.
Summit Highlights to Include:
- Education sessions featuring experts and leaders from across Georgia that cover:
- Advice and best Practices from Georgia farm to school and ECE grassroots leaders in the cafeteria, classroom and community
- How to integrate farm to ECE into learning standards, CAFCP, and Quality Rated Standards
- How to integrate farm to school into k-12 school nutrition programs and Georgia curriculum standards
- Hands-on model lessons and activities
- Interactive cooking and taste tests
- Recruiting and engaging families, caregivers, and the community
- Extended in-depth workshops
- Dynamic field trips to farms and farm to school and ECE model sites
- Networking with experts at the state, district, and school level
If you have questions or need further information about the 2019 Georgia Farm to School and ECE Summit, contact Georgia Organics Farm to School Manager Abbie Chaddick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Georgia Farm to School and ECE Summit is coordinated by the Georgia Farm to School Alliance and the Georgia Farm to Early Care Coalition. These networks that joins agencies and organizations working in food, farming, and nutrition to coalesce resources and support for farm to school and farm to ECE, and to create a dialogue for building statewide programming.
Members of the Georgia Farm to ECE Coalition include: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Captain Planet Foundation, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Common Market, Food Well Alliance, Georgia Child Care Association, Georgia Department of Agriculture, Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning, Georgia Head Start Association, Georgia State University, HealthMPowers, Little Ones Learning Center, Quality Care for Children, Turnip Truck, United Way, University of Georgia, Georgia Department of Agriculture; Georgia Department of Public Health; University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service; Georgia Organics; ; and the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service.
Members of the Georgia Farm to School Alliance include: Action for Healthy Kids, Georgia Alliance for a Healthier Generation, Captain Planet Foundation, Georgia Department of Agriculture; Georgia Department of Public Health; University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service; the Georgia Department of Education; Georgia Organics; Georgia Farm Bureau; Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association; and the United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service.