- This event has passed.
Tour de Farm 2018
October 13, 2018 @ 7:00 am - October 14, 2018 @ 12:00 pm$35 – $200
See local farms in a new light—by bike! Come enjoy a full day of urban farms, bikes, local food, beer and local drinks, music, bonfire, camping, good folks and good times with us. Eat Local, Ride Bikes!
The 6th Annual Atlanta Tour de Farm hosted by Community Farmers Markets
Your ticket will get you:
- A unique, full-day bicycle tour of local urban and rural farms
- Lunch by Julia Kesler of Stop. Think. Chew.
- A farm-to-table dinner by Community Q (yes, we can accommodate veggie options!). Dinner is open to non-riding guests, such as friends and family.
- Optional overnight camping at the beautiful New Moon Gardens. Friends and family welcome to join for camping with “dinner only” tickets.
- Optional morning sunrise tour of Arabia Mountain with Ranger Robby.
- Yummy local snacks and treats along the way!
The goal of the tour is to promote sustainable lifestyles through urban agriculture and bicycling in Atlanta and Decatur all while experiencing our community in a fresh, new way.
We recommend this ride for experienced riders who can ride a bike throughout the day (morning and afternoon). The ride is approximately 30 miles the first day, and 15 miles the second day, with stops along the way, over urban streets and rural roads. Please note that you can ride just day one and join us for dinner at the farm, but the ticket price will be the same. We encourage joining us in the overnight camping at New Moon Gardens, as it’s an extremely special and gorgeous space.
All food and drinks will be provided (vegan as well as omnivore options). Riders will get a TdF T-shirt! Please bring a bike with bottle cages, helmet (mandatory), water bottle, and camping gear. This is a fully supported ride with support riders, a support van, and transport for all non-riding gear.
Farms and spaces we will visit along the ride:
- Decatur Kitchen Garden
- Decatur Farmers Markets
- Mealor Family Gardens
- Snapfinger Farm
- Panola Mountain
- New Moon Gardens
- Morning hike at Arabia Mountain
- Please see the rough bike route here (this route may change) and predicted elevation change here.
If you need a bike, camping equipment, or financial aid please do not hesitate to email email@example.com.
We highly encourage you camp overnight with us at the beautiful New Moon Gardens space!