The Georgia Farm to School Summit is brought to you by the Georgia Farm to School Alliance. Who is the Alliance?
The Georgia Farm to School Alliance is a network that joins statewide agencies working in food, farming, and nutrition to coalesce resources and support for Farm to School, and to create a dialogue for building statewide programming.
Vision: The health of Georgia’s children and our communities is enhanced by increasing consumption of fresh, nutritious, locally gown foods in school meals.
Mission: The Georgia Farm to School Alliance will connect schools and local farmers for the purpose of:
- Serving healthy meals in schools that include locally grown/produced food
- Helping children develop healthy lifelong eating habits
- Creating a healthy eating environment which enables children to make healthier choices
- Increasing children’s knowledge of agriculture, health, and nutrition
- Supporting Georgia farmers
- Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Georgia Department of Education—Agriculture Education & School Nutrition Programs
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Farm Bureau
- Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Georgia Organics
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools in Georgia
- United States Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Southeast
- University of Georgia—Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension